Project 6 – The Onion

My Site

The goal of this project was to manipulate the layout and content of my page in such a way that mimics the layout of The Onion.com as close as possible, including: font size/family/weight, image and text alignment, and other decorative elements.

One of the more challenging parts of this project was matching the font on my page to the font on the original. There was always some aspect of the fonts I used that didn’t match. Another issue was formatting the blocks of content. For instance, with the “float: left” property, the page only looks correct if the browser window is a certain width. I also tried to format the main image so that it has a set max size, but will resize according to the size of the browser window.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s